Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HURRICANE SANDY!! AAHHH!!

Hey my Name is Naomi and this is my blog update about Hurricane Sandy.

Hurricane Sandy turned out to be a nasty disaster!! At first I played it off as Zeitoun did during Hurricane Katrina, but then i knew things were getting serious when people were being asked to evacuate. To prepare, my mother and I began to fill up pots and bowls of water just incase. We then scotched tape cardboard to the windows because of the heavy winds. Our flashlights and candles were ready at hand. I was sitting in the living room reading Zeitoun when al of a sudden I heard the tree cracking. There was a loud noise. I was too afraid to look but I headed toward the window anyway. The tree branches broke and fell into the neighbors yard, Luckily no one was hurt.
Im upset at the Mayor for not double checking and securing New York. There is a crane dangling from a building and it seems like no one can get it down. While the Hurricane is hitting us hard, I sit and think about Zeitoun and the choices he has made. Too bad I dont have a canoe to go save people in need. I feel bad for the people who died and suffered from the Hurricane especially in New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment